When you need a family lawyer, you need someone who will do more than simply push paper and file documents with the court. You need an advocate – someone who will fight for you and help guide you through the emotional and financial turbulence of divorce, child custody, and property disputes. Tom O’Brien is that lawyer.
Tom is Board Certified in Family Law, and he is known for his creativity, attention to detail and effective communication. Tom approaches cases with a thorough commitment to protecting his client’s interests. By providing cost effective legal expertise, Tom obtains results without delay or spending money unnecessarily. Tom is a practical and down to earth lawyer with extensive trial experience involving multimillion dollar estates, complex property issues, and the custody of children.
Tom is uniquely qualified to analyze and litigate a complex property case in a divorce or to negotiate effectively depending on what best serves his client’s goals.
- Family Law
- Complete spectrum of matrimonial law:
- Divorce Asset Protection
- Complex Property Division
- Child Custody
- Visitation and Support
- Asset Tracing
- Post Divorce Modifications
- Pre Marital and Post Marital Agreements
- Spousal Maintenance
- Paternity Issues
- Board Certified in Family Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization (2000)
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Texas Bar Association – Family Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association – Family Law Section
Admitted to Practice
- Licensed to practice by the Texas Supreme Court in all Texas State Courts
- University of Texas at Austin – BBA in Finance (1987)
- St. Mary’s School of Law – Juris Doctorate (1992)